Associate Medical Director
Associate Medical Director For Multi-National Global Leader in Defense, Power, Environmental
Evaluates and treats work related patient/employee illnesses and injuries and provides follow-up treatments as needed.
Performs various medical procedures such as suturing or emergency procedures to sustain life to repair or stabilize injuries, and prevent or mitigate diseases processes.
Provides medical examinations and immunizations to employees; reviews patient medical records to identify medical problems and develop solutions to mitigate potential harm.
Assists with the development, implementation and administration of preventive medicine programs which may include flu vaccines, x-ray examinations and blood pressure screening. Provides advice on hygiene and methods of disease prevention.
Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high quality medical treatment and client service.
Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements. Comply with ethical, legal & professional issues.
Comply with quality assurance for all medical issues and assist in the solution of any medical problems.
Strong organizational skills; orientation to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate and work effectively with others.
Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
Assist with the planning and development of cost effective procedures and programs for administering health services and promoting general health maintenance.
Supervises, as assigned, medical services staff, including responsibility for staffing, work assignments, training, and monitoring performance.
Responds to emergency situations and directs medical operations accordingly.
Administers advanced life support and stabilization in accordance with privileges, clinical guidelines and local protocols. Writes appropriate medication prescriptions in accordance with license regulations/certifications.
Supervises the evacuation of patients as needed to ensure continuous treatment en route to tertiary medical facilities. Monitors patients’ recovery and rehabilitation as appropriate. Performs Medical Response Team Leader responsibilities.
Performs medical support to the personnel reliability program/surety program as an assigned Competent Medical Authority.
Provides medical examinations and illness/injury treatment to employees at the job site in accordance with State Workers’ Compensation requirements.
Provide radio/telephonic medical direction as required.
Salary + Benefits
Salary Range: $250-$310K
- Experience in treating both major and minor trauma injuries, including multiple anatomical areas and physiologic/organ systems.
- Knowledge of organizational and medical management and the principles and methodologies involved in medical practice/administration.
- Extensive experience in occupational health, emergency department, intensive care unit or cardiac care unit setting. Proficient in primary care principles and practices, occupational health and handling of emergency medical situations.
- Ability to input and manage necessary data within electronic medical management information systems.
- Experience with Workers’ Compensation procedures, requirements and clinical guidelines
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Occupational Medicine
- Has been a Competent Medical Authority in an Army surety program.
- Certified Medical Review Officer
- Currently certified as a Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist through Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)
- Currently certified to perform spirometry testing per National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) approved training course
- Has taken the Toxic Chemical Training for Medical Support Personnel Course Has taken the Medical Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Course Working knowledge of Army Surety program
- Experience in interfacing with medical organizations and outside agencies such as Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), National Research Council (NRC) and other local, regional and federal agencies. Experience in writing site policies and procedures
- Current certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Current certification in Advanced Burn Life Support
- Has experience in medical continuing quality improvement processes Level I Accreditation for Worker’s Compensation